Sunday, May 9, 2010

Easter




















































I know that I’m very late in posting about Easter, but since this blog serves as my journal as well, I need to record what happened on Jif’s 2nd Easter. Jif was sick all Easter weekend, so we didn’t get to watch much of General Conference because we were trying to take care of him, and he was very cranky. We are catching up now, but I guess that’s how it goes when you have kids. On Sunday, Jif seemed to be doing a little bit better so we took the risk and at the last moment went off to the in-law’s home to eat Easter dinner with them. While dinner was cooking Jif’s uncle Skippy went out to the front yard and hid plastic easter eggs that we had brought for Jif. Then Jif went out and picked up all the Easter eggs and put it in his basket. It was cute to see him collect all of the eggs. Then we showed him how the eggs open, and green marshmallow bunnies were inside. I gave Jif a bite of the marshmallow bunny and he immediately spit it out and chucked the entire bunny as far as he could onto the grass. I tried again, but he thought they were gross for some reason. Easter dinner was delicious and we loved spending the time with family, but Jif’s fever returned and he started acting pretty sick so we took him back home. The next few days I left the Easter basket with the filled eggs in the house so that he could play with the eggs. He hadn’t really figured out how to open them, so I wasn’t worried about him getting into the candy. A few days after Easter I was in the kitchen cooking and I heard Jif making sounds “mmmmmmm” “yummmmmmmmmmm” “mmmmmmmm”. I went into his bedroom to see what he was doing, and sure enough he figured out how to get the eggs open and he was covered in green marshmallows. He had secretly eaten the entire stash of marshmallow candy in the eggs. I guess he decided that he really did like those marshmallow bunnies. What a goof ball! I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment