Sunday, April 25, 2010

All about Jif



So, for those of you who are wondering and praying, your prayers are working. So far so good, I am still pregnant. I am feeling better and am able to pick up the pace a little more. But I don’t want this post to be about me, I want it to be about Jif. Jif has been doing a lot of REALLY fun things lately.
-In 5 days, Jif will be 15 months old. He thinks every animal either says “Rarr” or “Moo”, even though he knows how to say “Quack”, “Meow”, and “Arff”.
-Jif has a book that we sometimes read at night that is an illustrated version of the song “The Little Drummer Boy”. Jif calls the book “Buh Buh Buh Buh”. (Rum pum pum pum). He loves to drum on the book when we get to the Rum pum pum pum part and he loves to sing along “Buh Buh Buh Buh”.
-Jif’s favorite thing to do lately is say “Daaaaaaaaah?” with a huge vocal inflection at the end. My husband will then say “Yes Jif?” and he will reply with a long phrase of gibberish. And as soon as there is silence he will say “Daaaaaaaaah?” and he repeats the cycle over again. I think it is hillarious because he gave my husband his own nickname. We have never called him Da. And he also loves the attention that he gets from his giberish sentences.
-Jif is getting in what looks like all or most of his teeth, needless to say he hasn’t been a peach lately. His temper is a little bit shorter than normal. He’s a little dangerous because if he doesn’t get his way he will fall back onto the ground, no matter how hard or sharp the surface is behind him. I’ve been getting really good at catching him before he can hit his head, but once in a while I miss and he gets really mad at me when he hits his head.
-Jif is not a finicky eater, as long as it is on my plate. I can get him to eat practically anything as long as he thinks that I am eating it. Many times I will fake taking bites of something that I don’t even like, just so that he will eat it and get the nutrition from it.
-The other day after the DMV, I was so frustrated that I started to cry. Jif was so confused at why I was crying. He looked at me and whimpered and then crawled into my arms to give me a hug. Then he went to play with blocks. Then he looked back and saw that I was still crying so he whimpered again and crawled into my arms and gave me a hug. At this point I could cry no longer. He was so cute and empathetic, I was in a good mood for the rest of the day.
We love Jif so much. He is such a good toddler and brings so much joy to our lives. He’s so funny and smart and affectionate. He had his moments, but he is pretty perfect in my eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Fun post! I'm glad baby #2 is still growing. It sounds like Jif is very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is WAY cute. I don't think those are tantrums... he just gets too tired to walk every now and again.

    ReplyDelete