Sunday, May 9, 2010

So Different




Today the precious is 10 weeks gestation. “She” is about the size of a kumquat. I say she because I think it is a girl. I think it is a girl because this pregnancy seems so different than my pregnancy with Jif. But who knows? With Jif I was throwing up 5 times a day by this point, with the precious I’m not. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve still lost a few pounds because I am nauseated, but I only throw up about once every 3-4 days. The biggest problem is just trying to find an appetite. I just don’t want to eat, especially not vegetables and meat. Although it stinks to hate food, it feels great not to have hyperemesis like last time. Another symptom that has been present is fatigue. I seriously feel like I can’t sleep enough. This never happened during Jif’s pregnancy. 2 weeks until then 2nd trimester, and 2 weeks until I’m mostly out of the “Danger Zone”. One symptom that’s similar to Jif’s pregnancy is how much I am showing already. With Jif I couldn’t fit into my pants around week 6, and now people in public are asking if I’m pregnant. That’s not supposed to happen at 10 weeks. I should be mostly hidden, but I’m not. I’ve already got a nice little baby bump. I must have a short torso, because I always carry so far out in front of me. At the grocery store the other day the lady at the check out station could not believe that I was only 10 weeks. That felt good, let me tell you. Seriously, why do people always comment on how big pregnant women are? Oh well, I don’t take it too personally..it’s just slightly annoying.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy do I have a nice list of the not so tactful comments I would get while pregnant. The worst is when it comes from a women who once was pregnant herself ... you seriously don't remember going through this ??? I'm sure you look super cute. Baby bumps are adorable :) And bring about the cutest, sweetest surprises x amount of months later.

    ReplyDelete