Thursday, May 13, 2010

Light

So, the truth is, yesterday has put me in kind of a bummed out mood. So I am trying to look for the light in this week. It’s been a hard week. I am seeing my husband even less than I saw him during finals week because he is working so hard on his law review competition. I still have that lingering nausea that makes me not want to go anywhere near the kitchen, and this DMV experience just was the icing on the cake. It’s hard when they tell you that you don’t owe anything, you drive your car for 2 weeks, and then they call you back in to tell you that you still owe 1100 dollars. So here is some light in this week to make up for the drudgery.

1. Back in March, I gave a lady a pamphlet about what my church believes about families. It was kind of out of the blue, I didn’t even know the lady. I met her at a picnic hosted by a mutual friend. This lady told me that she loved the cake that I made. I told her that I had made the cake for an institute class that I taught earlier in the week. I told her that in institute we learn about families, especially eternal families. We talked a little bit about families and I gave her the pamphlet. You can see what the pamphlet said by accessing http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?locale=0&sourceId=1aba862384d20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=e1fa5f74db46c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
Then I lost contact with the lady. I did not know where she lived. I did not have her phone number. However I would talk to our mutual friend once in a while and my friend said that she would give this lady a Book of Mormon. I let the sister missionaries in our ward know what was going on, and since they have had a missionary discussion and this lady and her family are very interested in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Today the missionaries are taking me to help teach their second lesson with her. I am very excited to do this. I have been praying really hard to be able to share the truth that I hold so dear to my heart with another family and this is an answer to my prayers. It is hard to be grumpy about this week’s circumstances when I know that I have a testimony of the true church of Jesus Christ and that I get to share that testimony with someone else today.

2. I’m going to go swimming with Jif today. Swimming with Jif is really fun. He loves the water, but I have to be careful with him because he loves it too much. The child already thinks that he can swim, and he can’t. It warms my heart that he loves swimming so much because swimming is one of my true passions. I was in love with it from childhood to now, and I got very competitive in it as a youth. Maybe Jif is following in my footsteps. I know several kids his age who don’t like the water at all.

So hopefully today will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment