Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

 Happy Valentines!  I hope you had as good of a Valentines Day as Jif did.  He got a Valentine box of conversation hearts and his mom even let him eat them for breakfast.  Don't judge me, he begged and it was Valentine's Day after all.  I don't feed him candy every day for breakfast.
For lunch we surprised Daddy with a "heart shaped" pizza from Papa Johns.  Well, it was supposed to be heart shaped.  They did a pretty poor job, they need to go back to kindergarten and learn what a heart is shaped like.  It looked more like a circle with a point.  We had a picnic right outside of the law school. Jif had a blast eating pizza with his dad and running up and down the steps in front of the law school.  Reese slept through the whole picnic.


My husband got home from school late and I had to run a lab sample off to the hospital for Reese (further testing for milk allergy) so by the time I got home V-day was pretty much over, but for dinner we had Costco barbecue ribs, mashed potatoes, salad, and rosemary bread.  And my husband gave me a back massage which is always a great gift.  It was a pretty good day.

Last week was a crazy week.  My husband had to grade tons of papers for his writing advisor class and also had to finish his brief for moot court, so we hardly saw him.  I was expecting to have a busy weekend with a lot of church meetings but that changed on Friday.  Friday evening it was our turn to babysit for our babysitting/date night co-op group.  It is a group that we just started with two awesome families in our ward where each family babysits once a month for 4 hours.  1 hour of play, 1 hour dinner, and 2 hours of movie for the kids.  And then they get 2 date nights each month.  The babysitting went really well, the kids were hilarious.  They all get along really well.  I really like our co-op and I recommend that everyone with small kids do one.  Ours is full currently, but start your own!  Friday evening we put the kids to bed and Reese woke us up in the middle of the night.  She was having a hard time breathing.  We tried to hold off taking her to the ER, but she was struggling so much that I thought she might need some deeper suction.  By the time I got there around 3am and got checked in she started doing much better, so I went back home so we wouldn't be charged.  She has been fine ever since.  I think that since it was her first time ever being sick, she could just not figure out how to breathe through her mouth.  Anyway, because of the late night and my nervousness to leave my sick baby I cancelled all my meetings on Saturday.  By afternoon we realized that she really was doing much better so we dropped by the tailors to get a new suit fitted for my husband and dropped by Costco to get my husband's glasses fixed.  We had breakfast for dinner, cherry cornbread pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns, and eggs and my husband and I watched a show together.  Sunday was very busy with meetings (it was ward conference week) but was very productive.  And the following week is very busy for me, I have meetings every night this week.  But it should be good.  At least I'm not bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment