On Friday my husband planned our Valentine's date. While I took Jif to the babysitter and Reese snoozed in her crib my husband cooked a delicious dinner of filet mignon, broccoli/craisin/almond salad, homemade french fries, and of course, sparkling cider.
Yes, the yellow circle on the filet mignon is the butter he melted on top. It was so decadent. It was an amazing dinner and then he took me to see Unknown. Yes, Reese went with us and did pretty well, except for the previews. Previews are so loud! They really scared her and we were worried for a while that we wouldn't be able to stay. But by the time the movie started she went to sleep. On Saturday we had an awesome date of staying home watching a movie on Netflix (Rudy) and giving each other pedicures. I did pedicures recently at a girls night and I learned that you can make a foot scrub out of vegetable oil and sugar. So since it was my night to plan the date I chose pedicures! We started with a foot soak, then a sugar scrub, and then a foot massage with lotion. My husband was not excited about doing pedicures for our date, but after enjoying the scrub and the massage-I don't think he will complain as much if we do it again for a future date. On Monday we had the missionaries over for dinner. I made a REALLY good pot roast. The pork roast was so tender and delicious. I can't wait to have the left overs tonight.
Earlier that week was a particularly challenging day with Jif. He was acting out and needing some 1 on 1 attention so I let him make cookies with me. I premeasured all the ingredients into bowls, he stood on a chair and poured each bowl that I pointed to into a big bowl and then stirred the cookie dough. Jif is allergic to eggs so I wasn't going to let him eat any of the cookies, but he's made cookies before with me and enjoys the process of making them. He would put his little face right next to the bowl to smell the cookie dough. It was really cute until he went face first into the cookie dough and took a big bite.
I immediately ran to the cupboard and grabbed the benedryl and gave it to him, but he was already this bad within a couple of minutes. The picture isn't very good resolution but he was absolutely covered in hives and his eyes and lips were swollen. Luckily the benedryl took care of it and we didn't have to have any hospital visits but it was a scary part of the day. No more cookie dough for this boy.
This week Jif has been working hard on learning the ABC song. He has a bunch of it down. He says "A, B, C, D, na na G, H, I, na, na, na,na,na,na P, Q, R, S, na na V, na na X na na Z. na na na na ABCs na na na na na na me" He can recognize and identify most if not all of the letters, but he is still working on the song. He got an ear infection on Monday and we went to the doctor. Jif is so good, he always lets the doctor look in his ears without crying. It's probably because I check his ears so much at home with my otoscope. While we were there the doctor listened carefully to his heart and heard a heart murmur. We knew he had one, but no one made a big deal about it before now. The doctor said he could hear it in a few unusual places though so he referred us to a pediatric cardiologist to see if Jif has a hole in between his ventricles (VSD). It's a fairly common, usually not worrisome problem. Usually the hole closes on it's own or can be fixed with a fairly easy procedure. So we hope that it is just a normal, benign heart murmur. We should see the pediatric cardiologist in a couple of weeks.
Reese is such a good little baby. She amazes me. I feel so lucky that she sleeps 8-10 hours straight every night, almost without fail. I hope this lasts. She had 2 firsts this week. On Monday she laughed for the first time. Unfortunately it was when my husband was teasing me and she joined in. On Tuesday she rolled over. She rolled over a few weeks ago which I counted as an accident, but this time it was obvious that she was doing it on purpose. She hates lying on her belly so much that when I put her on her tummy she swings her head to the side until her whole body follows and she rolls to her back. She's getting really strong. She can hold her head up very high when she is on her tummy.
This next weekend will be a busy one for the Choosy family. I am going to see American Idol taping with a few friends on Friday and the husband has his big moot court competition on Saturday. Stake Temple Day is also on Saturday. And then I have meetings pretty much all day on Sunday.




No comments:
Post a Comment