
I have a great great Grandmother from Portugal who was an artist. After she died she had amazing art that was distributed through out my family. In my home there is a beautiful oil painting of two oxen grazing that I have grown up to love. I often thought to myself how lucky I am to have a relative that is so talented. My sister has now taken up oil painting, possibly because of the example of my great great Grandmother who was able to create beautiful things with her imagination and brush stroke. To me, her art is a legacy. Generations will receive her beautiful art work as they pass on from one family to the next. She will always be remembered through her art.
I have another great grandfather who helped establish Bryce Canyon. He has a famous inn called Ruby’s Inn right at the opening of Bryce Canyon. One of my favorite places to go is Bryce Canyon and Ruby’s Inn. We often have family reunions there. My grandfather will always be remembered because of Ruby’s Inn. My family has a love for nature and the outdoors partly because of the example that my grandfather set for us.
I have many ancestors, but some I remember their stories much more than others. Usually the ones that I remember are the ones that have left legacies. The one’s whose stories or art move me to be a better person and help me to identify who I am.
This week another legacy has been established in our family. My mother-in-law brought us a copy of her Christmas CD that she has put her blood, sweat, and tears into for a long time. The CD is beautiful. I have listened to it several times and I cannot even begin to contemplate the talent that was required to make this CD. It is beyond me how she can compose such beautiful songs. Her CD hit the press last week. I just think it is so cool that one day her great great granddaughters and grandsons will listen to her CD and think about the talent that they have in their bloodline. They will develop a love for music because of the example that has been set for them.
So now I have to think about what legacies that I can establish.
What legacies do you want to establish? Go to http://vixchristmasmusic.blogspot.com/ and listen to some samples. You can even order the CD on the website. This CD is really getting me excited for the Christmas season.
That is so nice... THANK YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! This is an amazing painting!
ReplyDelete