Well first of all my friend Emily took some pictures of the kiddos. She is so talented. Reese did a great job, after all this wasn't her first modeling opportunity. She's kind of made a career out of it. Jif thought he was being tortured. But Emily, with all of her talent got a couple of smiles out of him. You should really book a session with her emilyhodgesphotography.blogspot.com
So the husband ended his internship of Friday...and started school on Monday. He had about 150 pages of reading assigned between the two days. But since the only days off we have had since he ended last semester have been Memorial day and 4th of July, I forced him to do something fun this weekend, just the family. We haven't been able to do that in forever because every weekend we had a fabulous work event or law review. So, needless to say, I am paying for our fun weekend now. J is spending all of his time from the crack of down to well after dark catching up on his reading, and I'm sure he is paying for it more than I am. He really misses his internship, but is very excited to be back in school. He is taking a 1st amendment law class, immigration law, and federal courts; along with a seminar on non-monetary litigation. He had the nerve to tell me the other day that he enjoys law school so much that he wishes it was much longer than 3 years. Oh goodness! The classes that he is taking have a reputation for being the hardest classes in law school, so he has his work cut out for him. He is also busily trying to get applications together to send out to judges for judge clerkships. He wants to work a couple of years for a judge before he starts at a law firm. The law firm that he did his Summer internship with really likes it when they do this. J hasn't heard yet if he will get an offer from the firm he intern-shipped with yet. We expect to hear back around September. But he had a good exit interview and got an email giving him kudos for doing some law research in Portuguese to help the firm out. Yes, he did legal research in Portuguese, like legal research wasn't hard enough-try adding another language to it.
So back to the weekend. We went to the ZOO! And we had FUN! Jif loved seeing all of the animals, and Reese sat quietly attentive the whole time. Jif really liked the monkeys. Especially this one.

After the zoo we dropped the kids of at E's house to have a movie night with their friends and J and I went on a date. A date that I have been looking forward to all weekend. We stopped at In-N-Out and then went to a movie whose name can only hint at the pure awesomeness that the movie contained.
"Cowboys and Aliens". It was fabulous. I went to bed that night with a smile on my face. It was intense, scary, funny, and just awesome. See it. I think it is in my top 3 movies of all time. #1 The Princess Bride #2 Cowboys and Aliens #3....I don't know yet. Maybe nothing has come out to the caliber of those two movies.
Sunday I had meetings from 9am-4:30pm (when church ended) and then we had a really cool family over for dinner who is starting law school this year. J made the pot roast, (I'm so proud). It was a fun night. I can't believe this is our last year in our ward and in law school. We are really going to miss all of these great people.
We finished Day 30 of P90X. 60 days left to go. I can't say that I see a huge difference. I hope this is worth it. I'm going to be mad if I get to day 90 with no results. But I do feel stronger and I am definitely sore today.
Jif has turned a new corner. For the last week he has been exceptionally obedient. I really haven't had to put him in time out at all. I just give him a warning, he thinks about what he is doing and decides to obey. He's been so kind to his sister. The other day he had toys all over the house and it was getting late so I thought I would just put him to bed and clean it up myself, but he told me that he wanted to help with the clean-up. So I did the dishes and he put all of his toys away all by himself and he didn't stop until the last toy was cleaned. And this is how it has been all week. I keep giving him cookies and candy because I am so astonished at how hard working and obedient he is being without even being asked! I hope this lasts. He is really into being "funny". He likes to ask me if his jokes are "funny?" and then laughs like a maniac when I tell him they are. He likes to refer to himself as a "goof ball". His imagination is something else. He often refers to his imaginary friend "Toodles" and is terrified of the cow in the crib (see my blog the kids say the darndest things for more details-link on the right). He reads scriptures with us every night and repeats each word after we say it. I really think it is helping with his annunciation.










I am so proud of you for doing 30 days of p90x!! That is awesome. Keep up the good work :)
ReplyDeleteSo fun to read and catch up with your wonderful family. Emily did a fantastic job getting some snaps of your cuties!! Reese is so adorable! I can't get over it. I am just blow away with how beautiful she is. Those eyes...And P90x!! NICE...I thinking I might do that after this baby to kick me back into shape :) And tell the hubby wonderful job! So many accomplishments....and you could apply for a judge in AZ :) Then we could be neighbors :) Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete