Monday, March 14, 2011

Reese-3 months old, Jif-25months old, Choosymom-famous, the Husband-busy

Beautiful Reese turned 3 months old this month.  Here she is sitting up in the Bumbo that our wonderful friend let us borrow.  She loves the Bumbo, she almost never tires of it anymore.  
Reese is doing really well.  I feel like we finally have a good handle on her allergy with a few small issues that we still have to work out. She is an extremely pleasant baby, hardly ever cries and loves to give huge smiles that take up half of her face.
Reese also sarted rolling from her stomach to her back.  She did this once even before she was 2 months old on a flat surface, but I counted it as a fluke.  A few days before she hit 3 months she started rolling more regularly.  She really hates to be on her stomach so it is good motivation for her.
She has started laughing, loves to play with toys that Jif so graciously shares with her.  Her favorite thing in the world is still to be swaddled with her pacifier in her mouth.  I have never had to rock this girl to sleep, all I do is swaddle her, put the paci in her mouth, put her in her crib and leave.  She falls asleep immediately without a peep and sleeps 8-10 hours straight.  I feel so lucky.
Jif survived his 1st month of being 2 years old, but this choosy mom hardly did.  Jif is at a very independent stage so it took a while for me to learn how to deal with this.  Even though he is in his terrible twos he is so sweet and more fun than ever.  He loves to play with balls, especially soccer balls and he is extremely coordinated.  This month he has been in love with the movie Cars.  He loves Lightning McQueen which he calls "Perqueen".  
One of Jif's favorite things to do lately is to make requests for meals.  His most common request is quesadillas and apples.  Sometimes he will ask for a cookie for breakfast.  One particular dinner he asked me if he could eat a tomato and cereal.  I started trying to convince him out of it and then I stopped and said to myself "What am I doing? If my kid wants to eat a tomato, let him eat a tomato".  So here he is eating his tomato and cereal.  He ate the tomato like it was an apple, and he loved it.  
Jif loves to read books.  My husband says that in nursery while all the other kids go play with toys, Jif always goes to the corner and reads all of the books.  This is one of his favorites The Teacher from the Black Lagoon.  The only problem is that when he sees this picture he calls it "dada"
Which would be really funny to me except that he calls this picture "mama".  Go figure?  He loves to sing "I am a Child of God" and he always speaks about God in a tone of reverence and awe.  He knows that Jesus and God are the same person.  He also loves to sing "the ABC song", and "nananana, nananana, hey hey hey, goodbye".  I may have posted this before, but he still has the amazing ability to recognize a song's name by the music played before the song starts.  One of his favorite activities is eating pretzels and turning them into letters and numbers.  Lately he has been doing a lot of Bs and 9s.  Elmo and Doggie are still his favorite stuffed animals.
We are lucky enough to have a great playground and great people in our apartment complex.  Almost every day we spend an hour or two at the playground and Jif plays with his friends.  His favorite is wagon rides.  He is getting good at climbing up ladders too.  He loves to swing from bars as well.  He gets along great with his friends and loves to share with them, just not kids that he doesn't know.

The husband has been very busy lately.  He recently competed in a Moot Court Competition in which he raked in several awards.  Please excuse me while I brag for a second, I'm so proud of him and wives get bragging rights, right?  He received "Best Written Brief" for both Fall and Spring Semesters.  He got "Best Overall Brief" for both semesters combined, he got "Best Team" for him and his partner for their skills in oral advocacy and his written brief.  I am so proud that he competed in moot court this year.  It was extra curricular so he could have chosen to skip out on it, but he worked really hard on it, strengthened some of his weaknesses, and I think he will be a better lawyer because of it.   So finally moot court is over so he can take a breath and be a little less busy, that is a blessing.  The other Saturday I convinced him to take a break from homework and go to the park with the family.  We went to this great park that had an awesome playground and a famers market.  We bought the best oranges we have ever tried.  And we had a picnic and let Jif play.  It was such fun going to the park with the family.  We have to go back soon, if for no other reason besides getting more of those delicious oranges.
Even Reese loved the sunshine.
So the highlights in my life are that I recently went to an American Idol taping with two of my favorite ladies.   We got in line at 11am, the show didn't start until 5pm, and it was raining.  It was so fun though.  I loved the girl time and we got 2nd row seats.  The performances are way better in person than on TV, and we were really star struck by the judges.  I even got my 2 seconds of fame when it showed a close up of me when it aired.  I am so glad that I have such good friends that will go with me and make things like this so fun.  I am also so glad that I have an amazing husband who was willing to babysit the kids ALL DAY!  I'm sure lots of other things are going on, but this post is long enough,  we just got back in town from Utah, so I will post about that shortly.

2 comments:

  1. I know...that American Idol trip was sooo fun. Thank you again for inviting me! I think you are such an amazing friend, mom, wife, RS pres, etc. etc. We need to catch up. Feels like it's been forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did it take you about three days to write that post? Wow! Okay, so I am in love with the Elmo book. Your parents are the best. And unfortunately, I didn't take hardly ANY pictures at the wedding. Cambria and Ethan did... and they do not look like pictures I would have taken. :(

    ReplyDelete