Well I have a lot of updating to do on this blog from vacations and pictures, but I will do that later, right now I will post what we have been up to lately
1. Jif is 19 months old. He has started nursery and loves it. His teachers tell us that he is very well behaved and he never cries when we leave him (good thing or bad thing?) He says tons of words, but most of them he doesn’t say very clearly. They include “good job”, “thank you”, “yummy”, “Robby” (his stuffed robot), “Doggy”, “Bear”, “Sheep” (he thinks our iphone is a sheep because of a flashcard game that he plays), “Casey” (his favorite person who just happens to be his Uncle), “Mommy”, “Daddy”, “Caden”, “Night night”, “poo poo”, “pee pee”, “juice”, “smoothie”, “milk”, “cracker”, “more”, “no”(his all time favorite word), “mine” (his second favorite word), “Jesus”, “Scriptures”, “Amen”, “baby”, “sister”, the numbers 2,3, and 9, and the letters A, B, C, D, E, O, P, T, and Z, “Sesame Street” “ball" and many more that I’m not remembering off the top of my head.
2. Jif loves to have random dance parties. Often times he will initiate them with his friends at the playgroup and we will witness two kids dancing at the playground with absolutely no words to be heard. Jif loves organizing. His favorite way to play is to get all of the toys from a box and put them one at a time on the couch, or on mommy’s lap. Jif is starting to learn how to pretend. Yesterday he was pretending to eat something out of a cup using a brush. He would dip the brush into the cup and put the brush in his mouth saying “yummy, mmm”.
3. Jif is becoming more affectionate day by day. He loves cuddling with mommy and gives kisses on the lips and hugs all the time. He also likes to drag me by the pant leg to a certain area of the room and then point at something that he wants me to look at or get for him.
4. So it’s about time that we give the baby inside of my an alias. We will call her Reese, to go with the Peanut Butter theme. Reese is doing good and being very healthy. She loves to kick and keeps up mommy at night time, which is her favorite time to be awake (bad sign).
5. Reese is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Just like Jif did, but luckily I found a good doctor who will induce me early. I will know for sure this month when I will be induced but for now I would guess the Monday before Thanksgiving or the monday right after. It’s nice to know that it will be November instead of December. And yes, I have been tested for diabetes 3 times now and my numbers are always way way way below the threshold, I’m not even close to having it.
6. Reese is helping me to gain a little bit too much weight. Last month I gained 8 pounds, which is ok because I had only gained 5 pounds in the entire pregnancy up to that point, but now I am speed walking every day to make sure that I don’t keep up on the 8 pounds a month trend.
7. We have Reese’s first and middle names picked out for sure. But we are still fighting about which order they should be in.
8. I have been busy being Relief Society President in our ward. It is very tiring, but very worth it. I have always loved the feeling of being completely worn out from serving God all day. Things were really hard at first as I figured out my leadership style and worked through the Summer with hardly anyone permanently residing in our ward. Things are getting better now as I have grown and changed a lot. Often times I feel like I am a huge chunk of coal trying to turn into a diamond and the process really hurts. But looking back I am so happy at the progress I am making at changing and becoming better that I feel that it is definitely worth it.
9. My husband is finished with interviewing for his next summer’s internship. He got offers to a few firms, two of which include his top two choices. One is Munger Tolles in L.A. and the other is Irell and Manella in Orange County. Both firms would be amazing opportunities. Both firms have really great hours and you get to work on really awesome cases all the time because they turn away all the boring cases. Munger Tolles has been ranked #1 on the Am Law top 100 for the last 3 years. It is a tough decision but we hope to make it by the end of this week. And if he does well with the firm over the Summer there is a good chance he will get a permanent job there
10. Other than that he has been keeping himself very busy picking a law review topic and catching up in all the classes he missed during interview week.
Those are the latest updates. Stay tune for all the catch-up.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Funny that I was randomly blog stalking you today and saw that your husband has an offer from Irell. If you guys have any questions about the firm, my husband just finished his first year with Irell in the LA office and I'm sure he would be happy to answer any questions you guys might have. Congrats on the offers, that's awesome!
ReplyDeleteJess... I love you! I just wanted you to know. Thanks for all the updates. I am really excited to hear the names!! (the real ones!) haha You have to be a tremendous blessing to that ward of yours. They are so lucky to have you. Again... I LOVE YOU! And I miss you.
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear about all that's going on out there. We sure miss you guys. Love you!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm shooting for little Reese to be born the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I hear really cool ladies were born on that day. (Sister Hinckley, a certain cousin of yours...:) )